Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Greens & Beans

This recipe is my Grandma’s for Greens & Beans, which just so happens to be gluten-free :-)



Greens & Beans

You will need:

2 heads of escarole, washed and chopped

32 oz of Chicken Stock

4 garlic cloves

2 15oz cans of cannellini beans

olive oil

ground black pepper (optional)


I start out by adding a little bit of olive oil to a pan and sauté my garlic. I didn't use any onion I start out by adding a little bit of olive oil to a hot pan and because I was all out but onion would add a nice flavor. Then add your chicken stock and  bring it to a boil. Once its boiling, turn it down to simmer and add your chopped escarole and cannellini beans. Keep it on simmer for about 30 minutes-45 minutes. Stir occasionally as your escarole will cook down. Serve hot with crusty gluten free bread or over gluten free pasta! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment